Unconventional Tree Topper

This is the first year JJ and I have had our very own Christmas tree!  I decided to make a tree topper to celebrate the occasion and to start a tradition for winters in the future.  Neither of us are quite traditional when it come to Christmas, so we thought an owl would suit us nicely.  Welcome in the New Year with wisdom and patience.  


                                              

I grabbed some felt I had hanging around, and some different colors of thread.  Using really basic stitches, I sewed on some "feathers" and wings. 


After I finished the decorative stitches, I attached the back. Cutting the back just slightly smaller than the front of the owl allows it to become a bit more convex.   



I kinda like this guy looking down at us.      

Comments

  1. LOVE. he is just so cute. you are quite a talented lady! and i love our little owl tree too :) thanks for the addition this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts