Painted File Cabinets

Do you have a old file cabinet?
Do you try and hide it by covering it with magnets or other distrating things?
Do you need a file cabinet but dont want to pay the price for a bright new one?
Do you like the file cabinet's pictured below?

CB2- $159.00

If you answered 'Yes' to one or more- This post is for you!
 Why not spray paint your already existing filing cabinets?

Painted file cabinets- Great/Cheap/DIY/Weekend project!


Below on Casa Cullen- Blog She has a great step by step with pictures!
She painted the blue one for a total of $35.00!!!



Also Apartment Therapy took it up a notch and painted a old two drawer filing cabinet- then added a counter surface to creat a Kitchen cart- Or Add Two togeether to create a kitchen island!
Great Idea!!!
 Kitchen Cart

or

Kitchen Island


Comments

  1. Hi Emily & Elizabeth, I was wondering if you dragged your filing cabinets outside to spray paint or did you discover a genius way of doing it safely indoors. I have been planning on doing this, but do not have anyone that could help me transport it out of my apt and back again, plus it rains constantly where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMH-I have been DYING to try this project- I have all the materials, but like you, don't have the outdoor space to paint. I would say you would HAVE to paint outside- not only for the ventilation reasons, but for overspray reason's. Sorry for the bad news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts